Thursday 13 February 2014

Question 7 - Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?

The purpose of the preliminary task was to familiarise ourselves with the filming equipment and the editing software that we was going to use for my own thrillers. From the preliminary task, I learnt how to edit a clip and put it in the correct order, for example in our preliminary I had to film a conversation between two people, including seeing someone walk in and out of the room, therefore I had to make sure the clips were in the correct order otherwise the conversation would not of made sense. Another skill I learnt from the preliminary which then helped me with our opening was cutting at the correct time for example during walking scenes, when the character is walking through the garages and there is a switch in camera angle. I made sure that the character was standing in the same place before the camera angle switch as well as the same after, otherwise it would of not made sense, I learnt this from the preliminary when we had to film someone walking into the room, meaning I had to cut it at the correct time so we could see the person walk towards the room and then switch to the camera inside, making the editing look more professional.




1 comment:

  1. Your analysis of question 7 shows a basic understanding of how you have progressed from completing your preliminary task to completion of your thriller sequence as you have only discussed what you completed in this task.
    You need to discuss your progression form this to the completion of your opening sequence.

    ReplyDelete